Wednesday, May 12, 2010

part 3

suddenly it occurred to me out there in center field: what my team needed right then was me. i was standing out there thinking all this stuff and meanwhile, the pitcher was throwing horrible pitch after horrible pitch. i had seen enough. i began to call out to my coaches, "put me in coach! i can do it!" i saw them look out at me and i could see them talking to each other, but i couldn't make out what they were saying. nothing happened. i waited. called out again, "i know i can, coach!" finally they called me in, "go warm up graybill." so that's what i tried to do. i was too excited though. i could already picture how this scene would be shot, just like a scene from "angels in the outfield", and how it would end up. with me on the shoulders of the cheering team.

1 comment:

TaraB said...

you just need a little arm flapping.