Friday, November 2, 2012

full heart (large and full)

is there nothing a full heart will not do for the ones that fill it?
i received a photo this morning of my precious niece that filled my heart so full i had to shut my eyes to hold in all the love i felt. still some of it leaked out through my eyelids, but it was just some of the overflow. my full heart swelled to fill my whole core and then my whole person and i swear to you, in that moment i would have LAID DOWN MY LIFE for her!
i felt whole.
THIS is it. this is what i live for. it's why i wake up in the morning.
i wonder if this is how jesus constantly lived his life - so filled up with love he could scarcely keep it in.
i want to cultivate this way of living life. i want to plant my tree next to this river and live.

let my heart be deeply moved and let not my doubts and fears inhibit me.

"lord, put love in my heart,
and stop short of ripping apart."
       -   aaron roche

1 comment:

vercccccccccccio said...

I've been thinking about the same things. I do feel that must be how Christ went around all of the time and that families are a good place to start learning how to love.