Sunday, November 8, 2009

cliche

it's a long way from miami to l.a.
it's a longer way from yesterday,
to where i am today.

i like the idea that i'm always growing a changing. flowing. learning. i don't know.

i'm trying to get back into writing in this here web log.
i don't know what to write about. not that i don't have thoughts that are worth writing down. it's just that my thoughts seem to get all muddied up in the path from my mind to my fingers. it's like a jungle... a muddy one. my thoughts are like, "hey, i'm gonna make a trek down to through the neck and shoulders down the arms (and i'll have to be careful around those scary elbows) and to the fingers where i'll display myself on a page." then by the time they reach my shoulders they're already 3/4 of the way through their supply of band-aids and ace bandage, and my arms are the worst part. it's like a beginner on a triple black diamond run in the andes somewhere. it's kind of like an out of control tumble down my arms to my fingers where my fingers are like, "you really want this on the page? ok fine." and then this is what you get.

you know what's confusing though? why it's an even messier trip from my mind to my mouth. that doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it is.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

It's even father away from Jacob to Kati and Hillary. That has got to be tough. Sad.

EMILY STAR said...

jakeyo-i had a thought this morning that MAYBE you might have written something here! yeah! :) treking through mud is SO fun. this is funny and insightful and honest, which gets you into trouble alot of times...but also is your money. ok. i got to go shower for the day. sheesh! later!

TaraB said...

I'm glad you're getting back into this Mr. Jacob. I like your thoughts, however they come out.